In Elder Law News

If your mother is still legally competent, she can revoke her existing durable power of attorney and execute a new one naming you or someone else as her new agent. If she does not have legal capacity, you will have to go to court to have a conservator or guardian appointed, who could then revoke the existing power of attorney.
For more on the power of attorney, click here.
For an article on revoking a power of attorney, click here.
For more on guardianship and conservatorship, click here.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search