In Elder Law News

As I understand your question, the state Medicaid agency is refusing to communicate with your wife despite her presentation of a durable power of attorney for her mother. While every state has its own rules, the agency should be able to provide you with its regulations or other rules regarding who can represent an applicant. You may also be able to find the rules online yourselves. All of that said, your best bet is to consult with a local elder law attorney who will know the rules and what steps you need to take to step in for your mother-in-law. In addition, you should be aware that timing may be vital due to deadlines for appealing the denial of benefits or applying for retroactive coverage. To find an attorney near you, go here:

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search